Links mentioned on air, sorted by date.
- South Florida Water Management District hosts workshop on water releases.
- Target is offering teachers a discount on school supplies. Just fill out the application.
- Marco Island Owl Watch Group: 239-643-7822
- Call if owls are found in an unsafe place
- Von Arx Wildlife Hospital: 239-262-2273
- Call if owls are found hurt
- Call if owls are found hurt
- Pool safety law
- Capital Improvement Projects Program
- This is where you can get a copy of your deed instead of paying scammers $89.
- Naples Zoo Coupon for Mom
Mom's get in free with the purchase of a child's ticket and a coupon which can be found at this website
- Call 239-204-1125 to register for a free guided history walk of the Buckingham Army Air Field Flexible Gunnery School.
- Conservation 20/20 is preserving the Buckingham Army Air Field Flexible Gunnery School, a training base for the U.S. military during World War II.
- Sanibel survey on shared-use paths
- Red Tide Panel: Tune in to the free virtual panel on April 26 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- 24123 Peachland Blvd Port Charlotte, FL 33954
- 15201 N Cleveland Ave North Fort Myers, FL 33903
- 3853 Cleveland Ave Fort Myers, FL 33901
- 1502 Del Prado Blvd, Unit B Cape Coral, FL 33990
- 15501 Old McGregor Blvd Fort Myers, FL 33908
- 18011 S Tamiami Trail Fort Myers, FL 33908
- 4955 Golden Gate Parkway Naples, FL 34116
- 2650 Tamiami Trail E Naples, FL 34112
- Maycation Entry Form
- This is how you register for the seed to table fundraiser event if you're interested in attending.
- School bus safety tips
- Alcohol Awareness Parent Seminars
People with concerns about an alligator may call the toll-free Nuisance Alligator Hotline at 866-FWC-GATOR (866-392-4286).
- The show runs now until April 21st
- A Night at the Louvre Contest - Click the link to apply for a sleepover at the Louvre in Paris, courtesy of Airbnb
- Low income families, including the elderly, and those families with disabilities or children under 18 who suffered damage to their home from Hurricane Irma in 2017 are eligible to apply for funds to rebuild their home from Rebuild Florida, but the deadline to register for assistance is next Friday, March 29th.
- Animal shelters and hotels where you can drop your pets off during a hurricane
- In honor of National Pie Day, local bakers are competing in the contest. There will be music, pie baking tips, games for kids, and more. It starts at 2 p.m. today!
- Starts tonight at 6p.m. with proceeds supporting local organizations
- If you think you've been hacked online, here are some links where you can report sketchy behavior to major social media platforms:
- Barbie's Birthday Celebration
- Human Trafficking Information (ACT)
- Do you recognize this dog? Call Lee County Domestic Animal Services at (239) 533-7387. A chow chow was found swimming in a canal in Cape Coral. It does not have any ID. If you recognize it or know the owner, call Lee County Domestic Animal Services.
- 1,500 students at Charlotte High School in Punt Gorda put together a "One Take Lip Dub."
- Estero Emergency Alert sign-up
- Should your pet try CBD?
- Marijuana Prevention Parent Seminars: The School District of Lee County is inviting parents to a series of marijuana use prevention seminars. The seminars will present information for parents to break down the myths and discuss the facts and consequences of teen marijuana use. Below is when and where you can attend.
- Wednesday, February 20
6:00pm to 7:00pm
Paul Laurence Dunbar Middle School
4750 Winkler Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33966
- Tuesday, February 26
6:00pm to 7:00pm
Cape Coral High School
2300 Santa Barbara Blvd
Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Monday, March 4
6:00pm to 7:00pm
Varsity Lakes Middle School
- Law Enforcement Drone Usage Bill
- Marcy's Law
- Paradise Coast Wellness Experience
- What should Bruno customers do now?
- GoFundMe for 12-year-old killed
-A 12-year-old was killed after a car hit her on Durrance Road between Deal Road and Rambo Lane in North Fort Myers early Monday morning. Troopers said Alana Marie Tamplin of North Fort Myers was walking south on Durrance Road close to the road edge when the right front of a car hit her. She was walking her sister to the school bus stop and walking back with her best friend when she was hit by the car. Her friend was not hit.
- Edison Light Parade route
- Ford recall
- Inaugural Fort Myers Seafood and Music Festival from January 4th through January 6th
LOCATION: River District
January 4th: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
January 5th: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
January 6th: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
General admission is free. VIP Tent admission is $75.
- Christmas tree disposal
Bonita Springs - Curbside pickup. Christmas trees should be free of decorations and the tree stand. Remove all tinsel and decorations and place curbside on yard waste pick up day.
Charlotte County - Waste Management of Florida invites residents to recycle their trees through its curbside tree collection program. Residential curbside tree collection will take place the first two weeks following Christmas on customers' scheduled collection day. When placing trees on the curb for collection, customers should follow these guidelines: Remove all decorations, including tinsel, lights, ornaments and tree stands, and place your tree on the curb for recycling. Place trees that are un-flocked or do not have artificial snow and colorings at the curb. Trees taller than six feet must be cut in half. Please note that flocked trees with artificial snow cannot be recycled. Your trash collector will collect them. Residents that live in multi-family complexes should contact their property manager for proper disposal.
Collier County - Single family residences with curbside collection service may place Christmas trees curbside on their regularly scheduled yard waste collection day and the tree will be collected free of charge. Trees must be free of all decorations including lights, tinsel, ornaments, etc. Do not wrap trees in plastic. Trees over six feet in length must be cut in multi-family complexes - those with dumpster and compactor service - contact your property management. Do not pleace trees in dumpsters or compactors. Christmas trees may also be taken to one of Collier County's recycling drop-off centers at no charge.
Fort Myers - Curbside pickup. Christmas trees should be free of decorations and the tree stand. Remove all tinsel and decorations and place curbside on yard waste pick up day.
Lee County - Curbside pickup. Christmas trees should be free of decorations and the tree stand. Remove all tinsel and decorations and place curbside on yard waste pick up day.
- Tots and Tails Christmas Toy Drive
- SE 47th Terrace Streetscape Project
- Cape Coral Holiday Light Map
- Oct. 2018 Employment Data - New unemployment numbers
- Former Presidents to speak at Global Business Conference in Naples - Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush will speak at CME's Global Business Conference in Naples, FL. Click the link to learn more.
- Importance of Emergency Contact
-COLLIER PARKS Halloween Event
- Cape Coral Military Tribute Banners
- Fort Myers disaster relief effort for Blountstown, Fla.
- Help fund K-9 officer programs
- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is asking for your vote to help fund K-9 officer programs
-Vote for you local law enforcement agency K9 Grant
- Voting will begin on October 18th and conclude on November 2nd. Anyone in the community – whether you are a student, a local business, or a fellow officer – can vote to support their favorite K9 unit! Individuals may vote ONCE every 24 hours online.
-Reporting a social security scam
-Lee County Domestic Animal Services presents Bite Prevention Seminars
When: Wed. Oct. 17
- First seminar from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. for ages 5 to 10
- Second seminar from 7 pm. to 8:30 p.m. for ages 11 and up
Where: AA Nursing Building of Florida Southwestern State College (8099 College Parkway)
- Find the next high tide time for your beach community
- WHERE TO REGISTER TO VOTE IN SWFL
- Milling and paving of all lanes on N. Collier from the bridges to Bluebird Ave will occur during the hours specified below for the next two weeks – weather permitting: Southbound onto Island 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Northbound off Island 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Suggest alternative route SR92 (San Marco Rd).
- U.S. Postal Service Job Postings
-FWC Interactive Red Tide Map
-Map of skimmers found in SWFL
- Where to contact lawmakers and school board members about radon testing:
- FWC Nuisance Alligator Hotline 866-392-4286
-Autism Speaks Walk
Copyright 2017 WBBH/WZVN (Waterman Broadcasting). All rights reserved.